Like a lone wolf in the night he stalks...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best Paw Forward

So this is my first venture into the blogging world and I've decided that it's going to be about a number of things. Artist Expression, Fatherhood & Relationships (of which there are FAR too many blogs already) & Death will be brought up here. Yes Death. A subject I've become more familiar with as creep towards the big 4 -0.

I've actually starting working on a book about dealing with grief based off my own and others experiences (Serious infancy stages here people). I am not a trained psychologist or priest and I do not claim to have all the answers. In fact, I submit that there is no answer. Only a smaller hurt over the course of many years that slowly turns into fond memories and the occasional gut check that seems to come out of no where. I will offer some ideas of how to cope, what to expect and how death seems to change us overnight. I will submit selections of this project for feed back as I dig deeper into the the subject. Personal experiences are more than welcome and I'll be creating a new email addy so you can send me your insights if you wish.

So about me, I was born in the East Bay (The SF Bay for non West coast folk) of California in a town called Walnut Creek. I've lived all over as my travels as an actor have taken me many different places in this great country of ours and abroad. I am no longer a professional actor and haven't been on a stage since 2005 (Although there are times when I miss it). In the interim, I got married to my beautiful wife (whom I first met at Community College some years ago), retained an 80 pound pup named Molly, became Father to a now 16 month old little girl and relocated to Roseville, CA from Los Angeles by way of NYC.  I have one older brother who's a artist and writer himself (I'll soon be posting his blog addy as well) and am down to just my Mother & one Grandmother. I grew up in a traditional family were cousins were treated as siblings and holidays meant a full house. I was raised a stout Catholic but now prescribe to a spiritual (non-religious) existence. I have a middle of the road political view and I wish we had more than two real options to choose from. I think that war is nonsense and although I respect every man and woman out there serving, I'd rather they were home with their families. I worry that this country is dying a slow, agonizing death and I will be made witness to it (I hope I'm wrong). I swear. ALOT. And I don't think that makes me a poor speaker, just more colorful. Bottom Line, I just want to live my life without worry of debt, loneliness, or boredom. I don't wish to anything more to be happy and that my friends will be the first subject of this blog.


I'm looking forward to this journey and I'm glad you've decided to become a part of it. Welcome and look for my next submission: I just want to be happy!!!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your journey as well! Like you, I want to be happy. It just sucks that after all these years, people seem to be so much luckier than me.

    ReplyDelete